- Overall Length (Paring Knife):8.50"Overall Length (Chef's Knife):13.50"Overall Length (Utility Knife):10.875"
- Blade Length (Paring Knife):4.00"Blade Length (Chef's Knife):8.50"Blade Length (Utility Knife):6.50"
- Cutting Edge (Paring Knife):3.875"Cutting Edge (Chef's Knife):8.125"Cutting Edge (Utility Knife):6.00"
- Blade Thickness (Paring Knife):0.06"Blade Thickness (Chef's Knife):0.07"Blade Thickness (Utility Knife):0.06"
- Blade Material:Damascus
- Blade Style:Drop Point
- Blade Grind:Flat
- Edge Type (Paring Knife):PlainEdge Type (Chef's Knife):PlainEdge Type (Utility Knife):Serrated
- Handle Length (Paring Knife):4.50"Handle Length (Chef's Knife):5.00"Handle Length (Utility Knife):4.375"
- Handle Thickness (Paring Knife):0.63"Handle Thickness (Chef's Knife):0.84"Handle Thickness (Utility Knife):0.65"
- Handle Material:Wood
- Weight (Paring Knife):2.60 oz.Weight (Chef's Knife):7.57 oz.Weight (Utility Knife):3.20 oz.
- Knife Type:Fixed Blade
- Model (Paring Knife):ParingModel (Chef's Knife):Chef's KnifeModel (Utility Knife):Utility
- Model Number (Paring Knife):TDM0700Model Number (Chef's Knife):TDM0706Model Number (Utility Knife):TDM0722
- Country of Origin:Japan
- Best Use:Kitchen
- Product Type:Knife
The Shun Premier 6-Piece Basic Block Set includes all the basic pieces of kitchen cutlery in one beautiful bamboo block. In addition to important pieces like the Shun Premier Paring, Serrated Utility, and Chef's Knives, the set also includes the handy Kitchen Shears. The shears are perfect for anything from opening packages to trimming flower stems; you'll be amazed at how often they come in handy for so many kitchen jobs. To help maintain your knives the Shun Premier 6-Piece Basic Block Set also includes the matching Shun Premier Honing Steel. This fundamental set comes in its own laminated bamboo block with extra open slots so you can continue to expand your Shun Premier collection. Even the bamboo block offers easy-care performance. Since it absorbs very little moisture and doesn’t shrink or swell like other hardwoods, it's ideal for kitchen accessories.
The beautiful Shun Premier line calls to mind the hand-forged knives of ancient Japan. While each knife still takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete, the materials Shun uses are among the most advanced in the industry. Each blade has a cutting core of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX “super steel” to take and hold a precision edge. The layered Damascus cladding supports the core and provides additional stain resistance. Near the edge of the blade, where the steels meet, an undulating line is formed—similar to the hamon formed when samurai swords are tempered using a traditional clay-baking technique. The hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities to reduce drag. The handles nestle comfortably in the hand, while the embossed end cap adds balance and beauty.