FAQ & Help "Ultra Resource" Page
Welcome to our Frequently Asked Question & Help page! This portion of our website exists to answer some of the most common questions that customers ask us and to provide additional customer assistance. Some questions have their own dedicated pages so, where applicable, we’ll point you in the right direction. Deep breath. Let’s dive in! Oh, and remember: If we don’t have the answer to your question here just give us a holler via phone, email, social media, or throw rocks at our window (gently) and we'll promptly assist you.
Where can we direct you?
- Contact Us
- Check My Order Status
- Check Order History
- Reset a Forgotten Password
- Get Warranty Information
- Return An Item
- View Our Shipping Policy
- Find Out More About Steel Types
- Get Info About Payment Plans
- Sell My Knives To BladeHQ
- Basic Knife Care
- See our Knife Glossary
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is "Blade HQ?"
- Who runs this website?
- What kind of knives do you sell?
- Laser engraving information
- Do you sell anything else besides knives?
- Why should I buy a knife from you as opposed to some other seller?
- Okay, okay... but what does Chat GPT think about Blade HQ
- Can I sell my knives on Blade HQ?
- Can I link to your site?
- What's your favorite knife?
- Your website doesn't have X, Y or Z feature. Are you going to add it?
- Has my order shipped?
- How do I change quantities or cancel an item in my order?
- How do I track my order?
- How do pre-orders work?
- My order never arrived.
- An item is missing from my shipment.
- An item in my order is broken.
- I received the wrong item.
- What is your return policy?
- How much is shipping?
- When will my order ship?
- How long will it take my order to arrive?
- Do you ship internationally?
- What forms of payment do you take?
- Do I have to pay sales tax?
- I have a question on my charges.
- I need a copy of my receipt/invoice.
- When will my credit card be charged?
- How do I find my product?
- How do I navigate the site?
- Why does your stock rotate? Out of Stock?
- Do you offer discounts on large orders?
- Do you offer gift certificates or coupon codes?
- How do I place my order?
Blade HQ is the Blade HeadQuarters for all of your pocket knife needs. With physical locations in both Utah and Virginia we are an ever-growing online and brick and mortar retailer of all things pointy. Blade HQ specializes in High Quality name brand knives, traditional cutlery, custom creations, as well as LEO, military and tactical necessities. Our goals include offering the most curated, yet comprehensive selection of "in stock" knives on the planet and providing world class customer service and support. In fact, our goal is to be the best knife retailer in the Universe. Lofty, but we’re committed.Who runs this website?Return to Top
What if we told you that it was a medium-sized rat tugging on the hair of a man named Alfredo Linguini? That would certainly be an interesting story. The origin of Blade HQ isn't quite that exciting but here it is: Once upon a time in twenty-oh-three (that’s 2003) there was a young gentleman who was absolutely obsessed with knives. Inexplicably he couldn’t find a company that provided the selection and service that he wanted (and this was back in the “olden days” before customers expected to have their orders delivered before they placed them). Armed with a small loan, a dream, and an overabundance of confidence, BladeHQ was officially launched in March of 2003. Over the years BladeHQ has added partners, acquired technology and business adjacent assets, and grown exponentially, but we’re still fueled by the same product passion and commitment to excellence as our founder.What kind of knives do you sell?Return to Top
Our knife and cutlery selections are vast and varied! Over the years we have added thousand of products to our online catalog. We offer folding knives, fixed blade knives, spring assisted knives, automatic knives, butterfly knives, custom knives, multi tools, axes and just about any knife-related product you can think of. We stock products from prominent pocket knife manufacturers including Microtech, Protech, Benchmade, Boker, CRKT, ESEE, Kershaw, Zero Tolerance, Emerson, Gerber, Cold Steel, SOG, Spyderco, Piranha, Buck, Chris Reeve, TOPS, and more! We are sure to have something that catches your eye.Laser engraving informationReturn to Top
So, you’d like to personalize your knife? Good news! Blade HQ has some of the best laser technology in the business and we’d love to help. Many knives make ideal candidates for custom engraving. Just look for the “Customize my Knife” option above the “Add to cart” button. If the option is there, then customize away! Now, it’s not all fun and games and so below we have some grumpy sounding conditions:
Blade HQ is not responsible for any mistakes or misspellings made by customers (come on… we just can’t be). Please double check your engraving text.
Personalized laser engraved items are not accepted for return for any reason.
Cancellations are not possible once the engraving process has begun.
Engraving may delay processing time beyond two business days, but no more than four business days under normal circumstances. Blade HQ defines business days as being Monday - Friday, excluding Saturday and Sunday and all Federal and State holidays.
While we accept most engraving requests, there are certain exceptions. Some requested text may contain trademarks or other terms that we do not have the right to use. Additionally, engraving requests may contain material that Blade HQ considers inappropriate or that we simply do not want to place on products. We reserve the right to decline engraving requests for any reason. If your engraving request is deemed unfulfillable then your order will be canceled and you will be notified via email. You are welcome to reorder the item without engraving or reorder the item and select different engraving text. Engraving prices may change periodically.
By electing to add engraving and placing your order, you agree to the disclaimers listed above and accept any and all liabilities associated with the engraving process. That’s not as scary as it sounds- if our laser cuts your knife in half we won’t send that to you.Do you sell anything else besides knives?Return to Top
Yes we do! Over the years we have added numerous product lines such as Flashlights, Self Defense, Apparel, Outdoor & Survival Gear, Watches, and Lighters.Why should I buy a knife from you as opposed to some other seller?Return to Top
With so many choices available for buying knives, this is a fantastic question. Not to toot our own horn, but Blade HQ is a stellar company and here’s why that’s amazing news for our customers:
- Blade HQ has been in the knife business for twenty years. We’re uncontestably established, and in that twenty-year timeframe we’ve entrenched ourselves within the knife industry in ways that our competition simply can’t.
- Counterfeits are a genuine concern when you buy online. With decades of established vendor and manufacturer relationships you can be certain you are getting an authentic product when you buy from Blade HQ.
- Blade HQ is larger than people might imagine. With over one hundred employees our customers get the benefit of unrivalled attention focused on the knife industry’s product innovations, design trends, and upcoming projects. Our size affords us unmatched buying power and passion directed toward both our product purchasing and exclusive product development. We direct endless energy into ensuring our social media efforts, our YouTube channel, our photography, our website experience and our customer service programs are second to none.
- With well over 100,000 square feet of warehouse space distributed across the USA Blade HQ’s infrastructure is unrivaled within the knife industry. This means unparalleled in stock inventory, peerless buying power, and the most intense games of warehouse hockey with broadswords anywhere on earth (known as the "Blade HQ" or Blade Hockey Qualifiers).
- Blade HQ is 100% committed to customer satisfaction and offers industry leading no-hassle returns. Our customer service representatives are the most knowledgeable, most helpful, and most friendly people anywhere on earth (based on an internal poll). We are constantly improving our shopping experience and have some very exciting changes coming in 2023! We’ll be dropping more information during our upcoming 20th anniversary!
- Of course, we’re not perfect. We have absolutely made mistakes. If we have let you down, we’re truly sorry. We are perpetually improving our workflow, speed, security and customer interactions. When all is said and done, we want our customers to ask, “Why would I shop anywhere else for a knife?”
- And did we mention Love? We love you (yes, you).
Okay, okay... but what does Chat GPT think about Blade HQ?Return to Top
Blade HQ is considered one of the best knife retailers for several reasons:
1. Wide selection: Blade HQ offers a wide range of knives from many of the top knife brands in the industry. You can find everything from everyday carry knives to specialized tactical and survival knives.
2. Expertise: The staff at Blade HQ is knowledgeable about knives and can provide helpful advice and recommendations to help you find the right knife for your needs.
3. Customer service: Blade HQ is known for its excellent customer service and strives to provide a positive shopping experience for its customers.
4. High-quality products: Blade HQ only carries knives that meet its high standards for quality and durability, ensuring that you are getting a top-notch product.
5. Convenient online shopping: Blade HQ offers a user-friendly website that makes it easy to find and purchase the knife you want, with the option for fast and reliable shipping.
All these factors contribute to Blade HQ's reputation as one of the best knife retailers on the market, making it a great place to buy a knife.Can I sell my knives on Blade HQ?Return to Top
Are you a knife maker or manufacturer? Please feel free to reach out to us. And remember, we do buy knife collections. Drop us a line!Can I link to your site?Return to Top
This is a neat little relic of a question! For those that may not remember in the late 90’s and early 2000’s Google used links to and from websites (among other things) to determine credibility and search engine rankings. It was a common practice to exchange links and use link building techniques to try and climb to the top of search engines. Over time this practice had to modified to accommodate the ever-changing Internet landscape and emergence of social media. All that being said, people are still welcome to link to our website!What's your favorite knife?Return to Top
This question was more relevant back when there was “a someone” who had the authority (or audacity) to actually pick from an impossibly fantastic array of our offerings. With so many people at Blade HQ and such diverging preferences there’s really only one thing we can all agree on: Our favorite knife is a sharp knife and our second favorite knife is our next knife.Your website doesn't have X, Y or Z feature. Are you going to add it? Return to Top
The BladeHQ.com software is a proprietary eCommerce platform acquired and owned by Blade HQ. It is constantly being developed and improved. New features are always being added to help our customers have the best and safest shopping experience possible. Additionally we are always adding "capacity" so that our website runs smoothly, even during large drops. If you have suggestions then we'd love to hear them- you can send us an email or use the "feedback" tool hovering around the edge of your browser.
If all of your items were in stock when you ordered, and you ordered more than 24 hours ago (excluding weekends), your order has probably been shipped. You can check the status of your order here. If some of the items you ordered were not in stock (it's rare, but it can happen) then it is possible that your order has been delayed. If this is the case you will be contacted by a customer service representative through email. If you need more information, please contact us.How do I change quantities or cancel an item in my order?Return to Top
If you need to change any quantities or cancel your order, please contact us before the order ships. Once an order has been packed and shipped it cannot be changed or cancelled (in which case you will need to follow the instructions for returns).How do I track my order?Return to Top
Once an order is shipped an email is automatically sent to the email address provided on your order. Orders can be tracked by clicking the appropriate link in the shipment email. If we don't have an email address on file or if you did not receive an email shipment notification please check your order history for shipment information. Increasingly our confirmation emails are rejected by ISP filters. Please make sure emails from us are not blocked.How do pre-orders work?Return to Top
You can reserve a knife for only $5.00 (non-refundable)! This only applies to items posted on our website as a Pre-Order Item (Pre-Order Items are posted in the Coming Soon Page). Once we receive the item, orders are fulfilled in the order they were placed.
We try our best to have an ETA on when the item will be arriving from the Manufacturer, but please understand that the Manufacturer does not always give us an ETA. If we have an ETA, we will update it on the item's posting. If you don't see any update on the ETA on the post, then you will know when the item arrives once you receive our email. To ensure that emails are successfully delivered and received, please add [email protected] to the safe senders list on your Email Account.
If your order hasn't arrived there are several possible reasons:
- Sometimes when an order is placed the credit card is declined. If this is the case then the order will not be shipped. We will send you an email, but occasionally these emails end up in junk folders. Check your account to see if your order shows up in the order history. If it doesn't, then odds are the order was probably declined.
- Sometimes additional address verification or information is needed. Generally an email is sent to notify the customer. As mentioned above, occasionally these emails end up in junk folders so double check or feel free to contact us with order questions.
Contact Customer Service with your order number.An item is missing from my shipment.Return to Top
If an item is missing from your shipment, please contact us for assistance. Please have your order number available if possible.An item in my order is broken.Return to Top
If an item in your order is broken, please contact us within 72 hours of receiving the item. Please have your order number available if possible.I received the wrong item.Return to Top
If you have received the wrong item, please contact us within 72 hours of receiving the item. Please have your order number available if possible.What is your return policy?Return to Top
Returns can certainly be a headache, but we recognize that sometimes they are necessary. We want to take the sorrow and heartbreak out of the return process as much as possible and so, with much fanfare and waving of flags, we present Blade HQ's No Hassle Returns Policy! It’s so simple and easy that it will hurt to shop somewhere else. If you need to return an item, it's no problem, no one is going to fight you, and it's free. Just initiate the return from your Account page within 90 days of receiving the item (or items) that you'd like to send back. Once your return is approved (please allow 3 days for this to happen) you will be sent a pre-paid shipping label for the return (did we mention the return shipping is free?). Once we get your return we will issue a full refund via the original payment method, or, if you prefer, we will give you store credit. The only conditions are:
1) Click here 2) Select "Yes, I have a password:" Then, enter your password. You will be able to edit your information. Simply click on the "Change" link next to any piece of information you wish to change. If you would like to change your credit card information, then you can simply make a new order and enter in the information as a new card.I forgot my password.Return to Top
If you forgot your password, please click here. You will be sent your password to your email.
Standard shipping starts at 4.99 for many orders in the USA. Your exact shipping costs and options (i.e. UPS, USPS, etc) will be shown during the checkout process. Blade HQ often has free shipping if the order value exceeds a certain amount! for more comprehensive information swing by our Shipping Page!
Note: A few items are oversized and do not qualify for flat rate shipping. These items will incur an additional shipping charge at checkout.When will my order ship?Return to Top
Your order should be shipped within 24 hours (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and Federal holidays). If your item is not in stock, we will notify you by email.How long will it take my order to arrive?Return to Top
Delivery to anywhere in the continental USA should take 5 business days or less (excluding Sunday). Shipments to Hawaii and Alaska may take an extra couple of days.Do you ship internationally?Return to Top
You can view our international shipping policy here. Once you have read and are willing to agree to the terms listed, please contact us and we will help you place an order.
This website is protected with SSL (secure socket layer) encryption, the highest standard in Internet security. Information submitted into and through our website is secure. We work with industry leading experts to maintain the highest level of website protection and offer two-factor authentication to our customers for additional piece of mind (Two-factor authentication can be activated or deactivated in the user Account page under "Account Options."
Credit Cards: We accept all major credit cards inluding Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
Gift Cards: Gift cards that function in the same manner as credit cards are accepted. Select the appropriate card type (i.e. Visa, Mastercard, etc) at checkout. Make sure to activate your gift card prior to its use.
Gift Certificates: We accept Blade HQ-issued gift certificates!We do not currently accept PayPal, Money Orders, Personal Checks or Cash. Do I have to pay sales tax?Return to Top
We collect taxes where required by state governments.I have a question on my charges.Return to Top
Please contact us for further assistance.I need a copy of my receipt/invoice.Return to Top
You can log into your account (the account link is visable in the top right hand corner of the website). Click "view order status" in the welcome box (top left of the website below the logo). You can then click on any order you have placed and see the invoice. If you do not have an account, please contact customer service.When will my credit card be charged?Return to Top
Once your order has been submitted, your credit card will be charged for the total amount of your order.
To find the item(s) you're looking for, you may (1) use the navigation menus on the top, right & bottom of our website. (2) type a keyword into the SEARCH box. If you have any trouble locating a product, feel free to contact customer service for assistance.How do I navigate the site?Return to Top
To navigate the Blade HQ website, simply click on a category you might be interested in. Categories are located to the top and left of our website. QUICK TIP: Place your mouse cursor over anything you think could be a clickable link (these days you might not have a mouse attatched to your phone, so just tap away!). You'll notice that anytime you scroll over something that is a link, your mouse cursor will become a "hand". Whereas scrolling over anything that is NOT a link will leave your cursor as an "arrow". You may also type a keyword into the SEARCH box to quickly find a specific product or category. If you have any trouble locating a product, feel free to contact customer service for assistance.Does your stock rotate? Out of Stock?Return to Top
One thing to remember when you're shopping: If you see something you want, it may not be there later. Manufacturers perpetually introduce new products and discontinue old items. There is no way to maintain complete product consistency or have everything on our website "in stock." Many people ask us why so many things are "out of stock" and the reason is simple: When product demand exceeds supply we run out! However, we work closely with manufacturers to try and stay on top of product needs as much as possible.Do you offer discounts?Return to Top
We may do discounts for active duty U.S. Law Enforcement and Military (we may require you to send us proof of ID). The amount discounted will depend on the item. Not all items can be discounted. For a quote, please contact customer service.How do I place my order?Return to Top
Phone: Please contact customer service to place your order over the phone. Please also note if you are placing an order for an automatic knife and this will be your first purchase with us, the order will need to be placed online so that customers can agree to Terms and Conditions related to shipping automatics.
Online: Add your item(s) to your cart by clicking the “Add to Cart” button. Then click the “Secure Checkout” button. You can either sign in (if returning registered customer) or register as a new customer. Enter all billing and shipping information, choose your shipping method, double check all your information to see that it is correct, check box “I agree to terms and conditions”, and click “Submit Order”. You will receive an email confirmation after your order has been successfully submitted. Sometimes, credit/debit cards will be declined. If this happens, you will receive an email stating your card was declined. Either resubmit your order online with a different card or contact customer service immediately. Stock is not reserved if the card is declined.
Bonus: Why are ducks so angry?
This is an important topic that needs more attention focused toward it. Our research has discovered ducks are primarily angry about not being able to shop online for knives. Although, further research suggests that when given knives, ducks do not know what to do with them. Our team is still looking into the issue, but we have concluded that yellow ducks with bandanas brandishing knives are very cute.